Saturday, October 08, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!




Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Here in Canada it's Thanksgiving weekend.  It couldn't have come at a better time!
We had such a busy week...our apple unit wrapped up and we celebrated by visiting an apple orchard and picked apples (there really is nothing better than eating a fresh apple right from the tree! Yum!)

We did such *cute* activities this week - but...I guess rushing off for the weekend I left my camera at school!  Shucks!  Sorry everyone - pictures will be posted Tuesday when I am back at work.

In the mean time...

Our Literacy Centres are well underway and the kids are getting so good at them!  In case you missed it, I had a post several months back with my centre signs.  You can see that post here.

Here are just a few of my centres in action.  I change them every two weeks so the kids stay interested.  I'll update more in the upcoming weeks (as I said, busy week!)

The students had to stick the correct amount of apples on each tree.

Matching uppercase to lowercase letters on our Imagination Board - a *fantastic* product from Lakeshore!

Felt board fun!  Creating silly and scary jack-o-lanterns.  Another hit with the kiddies!


This is my Word Work Centre for the next 2 weeks - it houses a sound matching activity (another great Lakeshore product)

Here is our turkey craft - sorry, finished product picture will be updated next week! :)



Enjoy the weekend!  Gobble gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment