Saturday, January 28, 2012

Marshmallow Fun

All week I was waiting for my chance to post about the wonderful things we did this week in our class....turns out I left my camera (*and all the wonderful pictures*) at school! HA!

Well, as I was grocery shopping with my 3 year old this morning, we just had to buy marshmallows (ask me how many Rice Krispie squares I can make with 3 bags of marshmallows??? Enough to last me the rest of the winter!).  Then I got to thinking...marshmallows...(now picture me eating them)...mmm....marshmallows...so I came up with this cute this activity for my kinders to do next week.
Click on the picture to download your *freebie*!
Buy those mini marshmallows and dry them out for a few days.
Set a timer and have students pick up the marshmallows using tweezers or small tongs.  They will record the number they picked up in the worksheet. 
That's it!

I did manage to take a picture (with my home camera) of this sweet gift that came for me in the mail yesterday...
Kim, from Growing Up Teaching, sent me this adorable 100th day t-shirt!  If you haven't already checked out her blog, it's wonderful!  She just uploaded a cute 100th day activity as a *freebie* and has lots of great ideas!

So I promise to blog again Monday night with those pics...sorry!  In the meantime, have fun with this game.  Let me know if you do download a copy. 
Comments always put a smile on my face!

14 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for the shout out! Glad you got it!!!!!

    Kim
    Growing Up Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your marshmallow activity! So cute! :)
    I had my class bring marshmallows for 100 day, so now I have an activity for all the leftover marshmallows! Thank you! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grabbed your freebie! Thanks
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this super cute marshmallow activity. Now I have something to do with all the mini marshmallows we had left over on the 100th day last week! I appreciate your share.
    :) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fine motor activity! Ill have to use it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this activity! Will do with my children and share with prek teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you! Come visit me to check it out! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, was just wondering last week what I could do with all those left over marshmallows we used last week. Great fine motor idea.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tagged you!
    Come on over and see what it's all about!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tagging you! Come by my blog to see what it's all about!

    http://herdingkats.blogspot.com/2012/01/winners-and-tagged.html

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Up for a game of tag? You're IT! Check out my blog for details of the game!
    Anita
    Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete