Sunday, February 05, 2012

Playing Tag!

I *love* the beach!  See below for more...

I have to apologize to these 4 lovely blogger friends for tagging me a couple of weeks back and for not responding sooner!  I wait for the weekend to finally get a chance to catch up on blogland!

Staci from Going Nutty!
Cheryl from Crayons and Curls

Sorry again for the delay...here goes:

Rules of the Game:
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in your blog post.
3. Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you in their post; then create 12 new questions for the people that you tag.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that you've tagged them.

12 Fun Facts About Me:

1. As you can clearly see (as I am not watching the Superbowl right now) I am not one for sports - neither watching nor playing (well, maybe just going to the Leafs game!)
2.  I LOVE ice cream -> Baskin' Robbins Jamocha Almond Fudge and Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey are my favourites (really, I can eat the entire container if I'm not paying attention!)
3.  I am of Italian background and the first in my family to be born outside of Italy.  Don't speak the language very well though! HA!
4.  I have 2 little children (girl and boy): Chiara (3.5 years old) and Luca (17 months old).  *Love* them sooo much!
5.  I need (NO MUST HAVE) coffee first thing in the morning!
6.  Every Monday night NO ONE can bother me during 8-9 pm (that's when Gossip Girl is on...shhhh...it's embarrassing to tell people that!)
7.  I call my grandmother every morning on my way to work to catch up (she is 85 years old and lives like she is 65!)
8.  We make homemade sausages every January since my husband won't eat store bought (ours really do taste better).  Hence that was what my weekends were occupied with for the past 2 weeks!
9.  I absolutely LOVE the school I work at and my colleagues.  We work so well together and are great friends outside of school.
10. I hate massages - Swedish massages - I'll only do Hot Stone because it's not as painful!
11.  I'm such a beach bum!  Sit me on a beach for a week or two and I am ONE.HAPPY.CAMPER!!!
12.  Speaking of camping...done it a few times back before the kids...I'LL.NEVER.DO.IT.AGAIN!

Questions from Anita to me:
(since I was tagged by 4 bloggers I just took the most recent questions)

1. What do you do on your summer vacation? I keep busy with my two little ones both inside and out.  My BFF had a pool (she moved recently, don't know what I am going to do this summer! AH!).  We usually travel for a week or two down south (somewhere hot, see above!).  I also buy a Season Pass to Canada's Wonderland (the amusement park near our house) and I take the kids nearly every other day!
2. What is your favourite restaurant? There are lots of great restaurants in Toronto, but my favourite would have to be Fieramosca in Yorkville (anyone coming up to T.O. message me and I'll give you more details! YUM!)
3. What would your job be if you were not a teacher? Since I was young I have always wanted to be a flight attendant (I love flying, especially if I'm going down south, see above!)
4. What is the worst part of being a teacher? I wish we had more funding so my classroom could be better stocked.  I spend way too much money on my kiddies but I love having a variety of resources available.
5. What is the best part of being a teacher? When you go to work one day and see how much your children have learned (last week I had a student pick up a book and start reading to me - she couldn't do that a few weeks back!)
6. What do you do to unwind after a day at school? Unwind? Huh? I have two small kids remember? I pick up one from school and the other from my parent's house.  They are with me until they go to bed so I don't get to unwind until at least 8:30 (and by that point I'm often heading to bed!)
7. Where is your favourite place to shop? I am such an online shopper (which I discovered on my maternity leave since I couldn't go out as much with a little baby).  So I love anything online!
8. What do you drive? A 2005 Nissan X-Trail.
9. Who is your Hollywood crush? Josh Duhamel.  Wow!
10. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Lying on a beach somewhere down south (I love Turks & Caicos) with my family.
11. What is one of your favourite books? Anything by Sophie Kinsella (she wrote the Shopaholic books).  Yes, I know.  Not the most educational or informative books...but they're great!
12. What is your favourite movie? I don't remember seeing a movie (from start to finish, uninterrupted) in a long time.  But I do love the Sex and the City movies (the first movie was my favourite) as it was my TV weakness.  I am looking forward to watching The Help one of these weekends!

TAG! You're It!:

Instead of tagging other people, I thought I would share my newest Write the Room Centers with 3 blogger friends!
If you would like BOTH my Community Helpers and Nutrition Write the Room Centers just leave a comment below. 

 
I just finished them this weekend! 
I'll give them both to the first 3 people.
It's my way of saying "thanks" for reading through this long post!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I would love them! Love your blog!! :)

    thepolkadotowl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this!

    crhdouglas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE these too!

    Kimberly
    kimbersk@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a beach girl too!
    The write the room activities look fab!
    megandw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad day. I missed it. I love the beach too.
    Life with Mrs. L

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looks fantastic!!

    Jennifer
    jenniferlalsip(at)yahoo(dot)com
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very cute. I'm sorry I missed your giveaway. I love your blot.
    cgdsmiths@gmail.com
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your write the room activities so do my students. For March could you do a Dr. Seuss/St. Patrick's theme?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha. I love chunky monkey, too. I also love the beach and hate camping. Summer before last we rented a beach house in August...best holiday ever!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete