Sunday, April 15, 2012

Guess who came to visit??? ... and a SALE!

I love living in Toronto, Canada.  It's a beautiful city, lots to do, but the weather...well...it's a little funny.
And did I mention that I have not met ONE SINGLE teacher blogger who lives here! (There are a few that live in other places in Ontario but a little too far for a Sunday drive).

How jealous I am of all of you who meet up and can chit chat over coffee!
Well...guess who came to visit Toronto this week and met up with me for breakfast?


Yes, her!  I was thrilled to meet her and her husband yesterday.  She came to Toronto for a SDE conference.
What a sweet, funny and friendly person! 
Did I mention funny?
Really, we hit it off so well.  Felt like I knew her for years.
It was her birthday yesterday so be sure to visit her blog, Kindergals, and give her some birthday love.
Can't wait to meet up with her again this July in Las Vegas!
Hope y'all are going too!
(Okay, so that was Kim's southern accent rubbing off on me - LOVE it!)

One more thing...I'm having a sale in my TpT store for today only.  Be sure to come by and stock up on some great things for the end of the year!
Thank you Rachelle for this adorable picture!
We will be starting our How Does Your Garden Grow? Unit this week.  It's jam-packed with lots to do!  Hope we will be able to fit it all in!
We are also hard at work making beautiful crafts for our school-based Art Show, Spring into Art, which happens next month. 
The Kindergarten classes are doing an Under the Sea theme. 
I recently found a fantastic teacher-blogger, Kim Jordano, also known as KinderbyKim.  She is awesome!
I needed her book, Oceans of Fun, for some ideas for the Art Show and can I tell you how amazing this lady is!
Shipping was too much to Canada so she scanned the whole book and sent it to me within a day!  Plus she gave me a whole bunch of ideas and she was ever so helpful. 
Feels like I know her too!
You MUST check out her TpT store and website.

I'll be back this week with lots of pics!
Happy shopping and happy Sunday!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Alessia,

    I am a kindergarten teacher in Milton, Ontario. I am currently teaching ELKP. I have been really enjoying your blog.

    Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit I'm jealous.. I just love her! I have seen her at a few different conferences. She's great!
    Becky
    Teaching, Learning, & Loving
    P.S.-I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I just started my own blog...www.forestfriendsink.blogspot.com. I'm not too far away...Buffalo. I come to Toronto quite a bit(love IKEA)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love both Kims!!! I have been lucky enough to see them both a few different times - and now I am REALLY looking forward to the conference in July! I share your jealousy in not being closer to other teacher bloggers - although I am game for a road trip somewhere.
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete