Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Class Needs...a Learning Carpet! An online project

My students are hands-on thinkers, creators and learners.
They love using manipulatives and materials around the classroom to explore and solve problems.
When I first saw The Learning Carpet being used last fall in a kindergarten classroom, I knew this would be a perfect learning tool in my classroom too!
There are so many uses for this carpet!  I can't wait to explore with the children all that we can do with our manipulatives!
I love how the students in this class are using The Learning Carpet as a sorting and graphing tool.
(Photo from www.secondgradealicious.blogspot.ca)
 
I started an online fundraising project through My Class Needs, a website where Canadian teachers are able to ask for donations in order to purchase the materials needed for their class.
In return, donors receive a tax receipt (and a huge thank you from me!).
My project has been active for several weeks and will come to an end in just over 2 weeks.
I am very grateful to the Copernicus Eco Fund for donating half of the carpet!
We are almost there! 
I would really like to see it complete, and my students to receive their new Learning Carpet before the Christmas Break.
https://myclassneeds.ca/en/project/1820/
I would greatly appreciate any and all help!
If you are able to make a donation, please click the picture above.
Remember - you are helping students learn and will receive a tax receipt in return.
You can e-mail me at kindergartenteacher@rogers.com and let me know which product you would like from my TpT store in return for your generous donation.
Thank you so much for inspiring learning in our class!

1 comment: